Quantum ST is a powerful new-generation 1U rack mount IP audio codec that inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Ikusnet Video Codec Family and the ProntoNet Audio Codec Family.
Its main application is to receive, decode and store audio streams from remote Quantum Portable units. But Quantum ST is not just a decoder, it is also capable of encoding two stereo audio channels back to the remote Quantum Portable codec or to other Quantum ST codec.
This unit can be controlled from its built-in web graphical interface, its front panel display menu, or from the ProdysControlPlus application.
- Available with One or Two Stereo Audio Inputs/Outputs available to be encoded and streamed.
- Analog and Digital (AES/EBU) outputs and inputs.
- Supports Mpeg1/2 LayerII, AAC, apt-X, G711/G722, OPUS and PCM.
- Inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Audio/Video codec family:
– Automatic Jitter buffer. This adjustable buffer avoids audio dropouts in the IP connection.
– Automatic synchronization adjustment with the transmitter site rate, to give a constant delay in IP communications.
– Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol permits router firewall pass-through with zero configuration.
– Prodys Real time Network Analyzer to monitor critical network parameters in real time during the connection.
– FEC (Forward Error Correction). Up to 24 different schemes are available, to fit to the desired delay and available bandwidth.
– Error Concealment mechanisms on Mpeg audio modes are supported to reduce the impact of packet losses.
- 2 x Ethernet interfaces: Either to split streaming and control or for bonding 2 IP links.
- Wi-Fi interface 802.11b/g/n compatible Bonding with Ethernet.
- IP Compatibility: SIP/SAP/SDP/RTP/STUN protocols are supported according to the standard defined by the N/ACIP project within the EBU group.
- Local or remotely (TCP/IP) upgrading of one or several units at once using the same utility. Factory software upgrades can be downloaded.
- User friendly interface via touch panel, built-in Web Server or ProdysControlPlus application.
- User Access Control to define different access restrictions in a per user basis.
- Configuration presets to define different configurations for all or some specific parameters.
- Alarms: Real Time alarms management.
- Serial port to transmit/receive ancillary data along with the audio.
- GPIO port: 2 inputs/outputs. User configurable with multiple functions such as remote contact closures.